- 3 sweet green, red, or yellow local peppers (washed and deseeded)
- 2 small to medium local onions (peeled)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 pounds of large local tomatoes or 4 pints of small tomatoes such as yellow pear, sun gold, or cherry tomatoes (washed)
- 3-4 limes, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn tortilla chips
- Chop the tomatoes and peppers.
- Finely mince the onion and garlic.
- Tear the cilantro into small pieces.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Squeeze the limes over the bowl, combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
The lesson plan for this recipe includes step-by-step instructions for cooking in the classroom, different ways to connect with curriculum, and related books to read.
- Fresh Summer Salsa recipe and lesson plan (quick view as .pdf)
Books to Read
Previous post: Herbed Baby Eggplant