- 2-3 heads local green and/or red leaf lettuce
- 1 head broccoli
- 4-5 local carrots (grated)
- 4 cucumbers
- 1 bunch celery
- 5-6 apples
- 8 oz. cheddar or Monterey jack cheese (cut into slices)
- Optional: Salad dressing such as a ranch or vinaigrette.
- Wash all vegetables.
- Using a plastic knife, cut the broccoli, cucmbers, apples, and celery into small pieces or slices. Put the vegetables into the small paper bowls.
- Get one large piece of lettuce and place it on the paper plate.
- Put the vegetable pieces, apple, and cheese pieces on top of the lettuce.
- Roll the lettuce around the vegetables like a burrito.
- Hold the lettuce wrap tight and try It!
- Dip the lettuce wrap into different salad dressings and try it again.
- Clean up.
The lesson plan includes step-by-step instructions for cooking this recipe in the classroom, curriculum connections, and related books to read.
- Lettuce Wrap recipe lesson plan (quick view as .pdf)