The NC Farm to Preschool Network (NCF2PN) launched the 2021 North Carolina Farm to Early Care and Education Survey in January 2021. We heard from 656 respondents, representing 83 of North Carolina’s 100 counties. Childcare providers shared their current farm to early care and education (ECE) initiatives, including motivations for participation and challenges to starting or expanding farm to ECE practices. They also shared barriers and needs for support in getting started with or expanding farm to ECE.
The following 2021 NC Farm to ECE Survey Results products are available for viewing and downloading:
- Infographic: One-page highlights from the 2021 North Carolina Farm to Early Care and Education Survey
- Executive Summary: Two-page summary of key findings from the 2021 North Carolina Farm to Early Care and Education Survey.
- Full Report: Results from the 2021 North Carolina Farm to Early Care and Education Survey
- Sharing Toolkit: A document for use by Network partners and allies to help us spread the results of the survey results and to share info about the Network. It contains sample press releases/newsletter/blog article(s) to edit and use; shareable Facebook and Instagram messages; social media graphics and ways to connect with the NC Farm to Preschool Network.
- Graphics: Download images & infographics for your use.
On behalf of the Advisory Committee for the NC Farm to Preschool Network, thank you for helping us share these survey results. The Network wants every young child in NC to have the opportunity to thrive and also wants to support and elevate our ECE heroes and community leaders in their transformative work to nourish our youngest learners’ bodies and minds and help local sustainable agriculture flourish.
Explore the full report and other survey resources above to learn about the scope and reach of farm to ECE and opportunities to grow the movement across North Carolina.