Growing Minds @ University ([email protected]) is a partnership between ASAP's Growing Minds Farm to School Program, Dietetic Internship programs at Western Carolina University, Lenoir-Rhyne University, and Appalachian State University, Dietetic Internship preceptors, and Early Childhood Education programs.
Through trainings and resources, [email protected] equips preservice students with knowledge and experiences to be able to incorporate local food and farm to school/farm to preschool activities into their careers and to create environments that are conducive to those activities.
In working with Dietetic Internship preceptors, [email protected] helps to create and promote a culture of health around local food within organizations and businesses.
The Growing Minds Preschool Toolkit, Reach for the Stars with Farm to Preschool document, and series of farm to preschool videos help ECE professors to incorporate farm to preschool into their curriculum and prepare their students to utilize farm to preschool as a way to enhance the health and education of young children.
- About the Local Food and Farm to School Education Project (quick view as .pdf)
- Building Teacher Leaders (quick view as .pdf)
- Dietetic Intern Competencies and Farm to School (quick view as .pdf)
- Get involved with Growing Minds @ University (quick view as .pdf)
- HEN article (quick view as .pdf)
- Local Food and Farm to School Education Project poster (quick view as .pdf)