Local Food. Strong Farms. Healthy Communities.
ASAP’s mission is to help local farms thrive, link farmers to markets and supporters, and build healthy communities through connections to local food. One of the ways we work to accomplish our mission is by running our Growing Minds Farm to School Program. We also work to accomplish our mission by:
- Providing marketing support and training to area farmers
- Connecting area chef and foodservice buyers with the farmers who suit their needs
- Spearheading a Local Food Campaign, which includes our Local Food Guide, local food bumper stickers (have one on your car?), Get Local restaurant initiative, and more
- Certifying local products grown/raised in the Southern Appalachians as Appalachian Grown
- Organizing Asheville City Market and coordinating the Mountain Tailgate Market Association
Growing Minds intersects all of these programs and initiatives and is vital to ASAP’s overall mission and vision. To learn more about ASAP’s work in the region, visit our main site, asapconnections.org.
Questions? Contact us.