This tangy dip is easy to prepare and pairs perfectly with crunchy local cucumbers. Kids will enjoy mixing together the dressing ingredients and using a kid-safe knife to cut up the cukes.
Serves 20 children, or a family of 3-4
- 1-2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chives or green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 local cucumbers
- Mince or press the garlic.
- Add parsley and chives. Add other herbs as you like.
- In a bowl, whisk the garlic mixture with the sour cream and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving. Thin with milk if needed.
- Slice cucumbers into circles (moons) and serve with the homemade ranch dip.