Mexican Cauliflower Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 medium heads local cauliflower, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 large local potato, peeled and diced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Diced tomatoes and chopped fresh cilantro, or diced avocado and grated jack or cheddar cheese, or diced tomatoes and chopped fresh oregano, for garnish
- In a soup pot, saute onions in olive oil until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add chili powder and cumin, cooking for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add cauliflower, potato, and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in a blender, food processor or using a hand blender.
- Thin to desired consistency with a little stock or water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the garnishes.