- 4 pints local cherry tomatoes
- 2 bunches of basil
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. box of spiral or bow tie pasta
- Fill the large pot half full with water, cover, and put it on high heat to boil.
- Wash the tomatoes and herbs.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water with a few drops of oil, and stir. Cook for the designated cook time (on the pasta package).
- Chop the cherry tomatoes. Add to a large bowl.
- Rip or cut the herbs into very small pieces. Add to the tomatoes.
- Mince the garlic and add to the tomato mixture.
- Drain the pasta. Add the pasta and three tablespoons of the olive oil to the tomato mixture and stir.
- Grate and add the cheese.
The lesson plan includes step-by-step instructions for cooking this recipe in the classroom, curriculum connections, and related books to read.