This simple, kid-friendly salad features sweet local strawberries, baby spinach, and sweet and tangy dressing. Use locally grown spinach leaves, too, if you can!
Serves 20 children, or a family of 4-6
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Dash cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 cups local strawberries, sliced
- 8 oz. baby spinach leaves
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a jar and shake until the honey is dissolved.
- Wash and dry the greens, then put them in a salad bowl.
- Add the strawberries and toss gently.
- Pour on the salad dressing and toss the salad once more.