Local Food Cooking
Dynamic cooking classes bring local food to life for children and adults alike! Growing Minds staff members train teachers and chefs in organizing successful cooking classes, demos, and tastings for students of all ages. Through these experiences, students form positive lifelong eating habits. Children get excited about eating their fruits and veggies—from spinach to melons—when they’ve prepared recipes themselves.
Our database of user-friendly local food recipes is constantly growing. Additionally, we provide resources from cooking kits to local food stipends. Find information about these offerings below.
Local Food Cooking Resources
- Recipes in English and Spanish
- Best Practices guide for teachers and chefs
- Early childhood education cooking tips
- This Week in the Garden activity sheets -including recipes and other Farm to School resources
- List of ASAP cooking equipment available for checkout and equipment recommendations
- Where to source food grown in the Appalachian Grown region
- Video: Cooking in the Classroom
- Seasonal Produce Availability