Appalachian Apple Chips
- 5 local apples of your choice, sliced into even 1/8-1/4 inch discs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar per baking sheet (optional)
- Assorted spices depending on flavor desired (Lime juice-cumin-curry, cinnamon, salted or plain are all delicious.)
- Parchment paper
- Set oven racks on bottom and top quarter of the oven. Preheat to 225 degress. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and dust each with powdered sugar (optional).
- Line sheets with apples. Do not overlap apples or they will stick together.
- Dust top of apples with spice combination.
- Place one sheet on top rack, one on bottom. Rotate baking sheets halfway through cooking.
- Bake for 1.5-2 hours, until apples are golden. Remove apples immediately from sheets onto a cooling rack once out of the oven.