Bruschetta is traditionally a savory antipasto dish–or an Italian first course. This sweet kid-friendly version features fresh summer fruits (use local peaches, too, if you can find them!), plus cream cheese and honey. It makes a great snack! For a class cooking activity, provide kids with their own ingredients so they can assemble their own open-faced sandwich at their desk.
Serves 20 children, or a family of 4-6
- 1 pint local blueberries
- 2-3 peaches, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cups chopped cashews (optional)
- 1 baguette of French bread, sliced into 20 1/4 inch slices
- 3 8 oz. containers whipped cream cheese
- Spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese on each slice of French bread.
- Top with 5 blueberries, 2 peach slices, and 1 tablespoon cashews if using.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Give one slice of bruschetta to each child.