This nutritious wraps are packed with crunchy local cabbage, veggies, beans, and cheese. They’re full of fiber, protein, and nutrients. You can add or substitute other fresh veggies you have on hand to customize this burrito for your class.
Serves 20 children (half burrito each)
- 10 small soft tortillas
- 16 oz. shredded cheese
- 16 oz. black beans
- 1 local cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Half of one small tomato, diced
- Heat beans in a saucepan on the stove top. Mash a few beans with a fork for a better consistency.
- Place beans and cheese on a warmed tortilla.
- Top with cabbage, tomato, and cilantro.
- Roll the tortillas around the filling and cut the burritos in half. Serve one half to each child.