- 7-8 local cucumbers
- 2 local green, red, or yellow peppers
- 4-5 local carrots, cut into small pieces
- 25 slices of wheat or multi-grain bread
- 8 oz. spreadable cream cheese
- 8-12 oz. hummus
- Wash all vegetables.
- Cut the cucumbers and peppers into small pieces or slices.
- Press a cookie cutter into the slice of bread to make a shape.
- Spread hummus or cream cheese on top of the bread.
- Place pieces of pre-cut carrot, cucumber, and/or pepper on the hummus or cream cheese. If you use more than one vegetable, make a pattern and design with the vegetables.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper.
The lesson plan includes step-by-step instructions for cooking this recipe in the classroom, curriculum connections, and related books to read.