Ma Farmer's Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1.2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch ready-made unbaked pie crust
- In a mixing bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in sugar, brown sugar, condensed milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Pie will sink as it cooks.
- Serve warm with a large dollop of whipped cream.