- 3 local sweet red peppers, seeds removed and julienned
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Vidalia or sweet onion, julienned
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional), seeds removed and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt, pepper, oregano, and/or paprika to taste
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl, toss well to combine.
- Let stand for 30 minutes, this will allow the salt to pull out some of the liquid, making this salad slightly soupy.
Delicious served with crusty bread, local’s goat’s milk feta cheese, or salami for a fun summer meal.
This salad also works great as a topping on grilled pork, beef, or chicken.