This variation on a traditional cabbage slaw incorporates shredded zucchini and features a simple creamy dressing. Consider preparing this recipe for a local food taste test when summer squash is in season.
Serves 20 children, or a family or 4-6
- 2 cups local zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 bunch of radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup mild salsa
- Drain zucchini by pressing between layers of paper towels.
- Put zucchini in a large bowl and add cabbage, carrot, onions, and radishes.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and salsa.
- pour dressing over vegetables and toss well.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour.