Interested in this recipe for your school cafeteria? View our scaled-up version from Buncombe County Schools.
- 1 head of local cabbage (shredded)
- 2 small local apples (grated)
- ½ cup of low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup carrots (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Mix the apples, carrots, and cabbage in large bowl. Then add the lemon juice and mayonnaise. Toss all of the ingredients together until they’re thoroughly mixed.
- The apple coleslaw ingredients can be altered to suit your kids' taste buds. Enjoy!