- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 6 medium local potatoes, diced
- 64 ounces vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 cups chopped local kale leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add potatoes and stock. Boil 5 minutes, or until potatoes are half done and still firm.
- Add kale and cook until potatoes are tender, or about 10 minutes.
This recipe is featured in “This Week in the Garden” for the first week in April.