Interested in this recipe for your school cafeteria? View a scaled-up version for taste tests and school food service.
- 1 (8 ounce dry yields 4 cups cooked) package uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon soybean oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in ½
- 2 cups roughly chopped kale (1 c cooked) (1 c raw = 0.775 oz)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped/julienned
- 1 Tbsp powdered basil
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in cherry tomatoes, zucchini and kale.
- Season vegetables with basil, garlic powder. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, toss cooked pasta with skillet mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve warm.