- 4 slices of uncooked bacon
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 bunch local kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 firm or tart local apple, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry 4 slices of bacon in a sauté pan over medium heat until almost crispy.
- Remove bacon, drain on a paper towel, and set aside.
- Add onion to the sauté pan and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add kale and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the kale becomes bright green and begins to wilt.
- Add the apple and diced bacon and cook until the apple becomes tender, another 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
This recipe is from the Mad Batter Bakery and Café of Cullowhee, NC.