- 2 cups local summer squash, grated
- 2 local eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the squash, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well enough to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop squash mixture by heaping tablespoons onto skillet and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden. Serve warm.